Ontology is launching the Ontology Grant Hackathon with DoraHacks through April, 2022. A pool of $100,000 is available for developers of projects that support Web3 development on the Ontology EVM ecosystem.
- We have completed the upgrade of the Ontology Explorer with new features, including support for the searching of tokens and contracts by name, and the download of transaction records.
- We are 89% done with the Rollup VM design.
- We are 33% done with the RISCV instruction set contract implementation.
- We are 30% done with the Rollup RISCV EVM actuator.
- ONTO hosted various online activities with Ontology, CroxSwap, Griffin Art, StarCrazy and Orbs. Participating with ONTO will earn rewards. Follow the @ONTO Wallet Official Announcement in Telegram for more details.
- ONTO integrated the strategy game MetaLine, fintech platform Unityswap, genesis chart platform IoTeXChart, and other dApps.
- 134 total dApps on MainNet as of April 11th, 2022.
- 6,943,898 total dApp-related transactions on MainNet, an increase of 33,427 from last week.
- 17,265,315 total transactions on MainNet, an increase of 85,608 from last week.
- We held our weekly Discord Community Call, with the theme “Why we need DID”. Setting up a decentralized identity can reduce data leakage in Web2, prevent others from using or even abusing personal data, and independently control data sharing to protect privacy.
- We held our Telegram weekly Community Discussion, led by Benny, an Ontology Harbinger from our Asian community. He shared the rules of participation and the latest progress of “Ontology × DoraHacks Grant Hackathon”. Community members have expressed their expectation to experience more Ontology EVM applications, and to work with global developers to jointly promote breakthroughs in the Web3 field.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram, where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates.
- Unifi Protocol has officially landed on Jupiter as part of our $10m Ontology EVM fund.
- Ontology and various partners joined Blocklike’s Binance Live, with the theme of “Road to Web3: Identity Uniformity & Compatibility”, sharing their views on the current situation and future of EVM and Web3.
- Ontology announced a jointly held global online hackathon with DoraHacks on April 1, and provided an incentive of $100,000 for the competition and follow-up project support. At present, the hackathon is in the recruitment stage, and many developers around the world have actively signed up. In order to provide better development support and experience, Ontology recently held two workshops in English and Chinese to provide developers with clearer guidance on application development directions and deployment approaches.
Ontology in the Media
Info security — “Over Half of Data Security Incidents Caused by Insiders”
“It found that insider threats caused 59% of incidents impacting sensitive data in the past 12 months. Insider threats are hard to detect because internal users have legitimate access to critical systems, making them invisible to traditional security solutions like firewalls and intrusion detection systems. The lack of visibility into insider threats is creating a significant risk to the security of organization’s data. An effective insider threat detection system needs to be diverse, combining several tools to not only monitor insider behavior, but also filter through the large number of alerts and eliminate false positives.” The Ontology DID solution can not only help users to prove their identity, but also can effectively monitor accounts with limited permissions through decentralized technologies, such as distributed ledgers, public-private key pairing, etc. For example, if the account’s public key is handed over to the operator for community management, employees can and only manage community management. Once the employee leaves, the public key can also be replaced in time to ensure account security.