Ontology, the project bringing trust, privacy, and security to Web3 through decentralized identity and data solutions, has announced a partnership with bloXmove, a business-to-business mobility blockchain platform designed to simplify travel across multiple forms of transportation by connecting mobility apps and reducing the need for users to switch between them. bloXmove will integrate Ontology’s decentralized identity protocol to help make the urban transport app industry easier to use, more private, and more secure.
- We have completed the launch of Ontology’s EVM TestNet and are 95% done with testing. At the same time, the “Security Vulnerabilities and Threat Intelligence Bounty Program’’ launched by Ontology and SlowMist is in progress.
- We have completed Ethereum RPC support and are 100% done with internal testing. The TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 95% done with testing.
- We have completed 100% of Ontology’s new Ethereum account system and the TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 96% done with testing.
- The EVM/OEP-4 asset seamless transfer technical solution is complete and the TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 98% done with testing.
- We are 100% done with the survey on the improvement of the decimals of ONT and ONG and we are 50% done with internal testing.
- The ontology-go-sdk and ontology-java-sdk support ONT and ONG decimals updates.
- We are 30% done with the survey on the RISCV’s simplified instruction set architecture.
- ONTO App v4.1.1 was released, adding support for the Harmony Chain, wallet switching function for dApps supporting multiple chains, and support for configuration of token unit.
- The ONTO NFT management function has been upgraded to support users to independently add NFTs on Ethereum, Ontology, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon. Users can also link to various mainstream NFT markets.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with BabySwap. The first 100 participants, and top 20 participants who stake the most, will receive the highest tier of rewards. Voting for ONTO in BabySwap also has a chance to get extra rewards. At present, the number of participants has exceeded 1,000.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with MCDEX. The first 300 participants will receive rich rewards. The current number of participants is about 500.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with OCP Finance. The first 150 participants, and top 20 participants who stake the most, will receive the highest tier of rewards. Participants who meet certain conditions will have the chance to enter a lottery. The current number of participants is about 500.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with cBridge. The first 250 participants, and top 50 participants who stake the most, received the highest tier of rewards. Participants who meet certain conditions had the chance to enter a lottery to win ONG. The event successfully concluded, with more than 700 participants.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with ACryptoS (BSC). The first 75 participants, and top 20 participants who stake the most, received the highest tier of rewards. The first 100 new ONTO users participating in the event received additional rewards.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with Landshare. The first 200 participants, and top 10 participants who stake the most, received the most rewards. The top 100 new ONTO users who participated in the event also received additional rewards. The event successfully concluded, with more than 800 participants.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with CafeSwap (Polygon). Participants who meet certain conditions had the chance to enter a lottery to win ONG rewards.The event successfully concluded, with more than 800 participants.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with Wing and ApeSwap. The first 100 participants each won rewards and all eligible users can participate in a lottery. The event successfully concluded, with more than 1,400 participants.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with ButterSwap. The top 200 participants, and the 3 participants with the highest participation received rewards. The first 200 new ONTO users participating in the event also received additional rewards. The event successfully concluded, with more than 600 participants.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with O3 Swap. The first 300 users who use ONTO to participate received rewards. All participants who met the conditions had the opportunity to participate in the lottery. The event successfully concluded, with about 1,000 participants.
- As of November 24, 2021, there have been 121 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 6,823,269 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 30,256 dApp-related transactions compared to the past month.
- There have been a total of 16,733,530 transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 148,854 transactions compared to the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- This month, Geoff Richards from the English community officially became an Ontology Harbinger. This excellent community member will bring more new energy to our community, and also welcome more new members to join us.
- Ontology published the next couple of interviews in its Harbinger Series. We invited John Francisco from our Spanish community, Munaj Hossan from our Bengali community, Andrey Sher from our Russian community, and Geoff Richards from our English community. These outstanding Harbingers are dedicated to helping local community members to further understand the various dynamics of Ontology.
- Ontology Harbinger Emilio, from our Spanish community, was invited to participate in an online interview organized by YouTube KOL, BCryptoDinero. He discussed how Ontology focuses on providing decentralized identity and data solutions for Web3, and shared Ontology’s vision, plan and future outlook.
- This month, Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, held Ontology Community Call on Discord as always. He focused on topics such as “how to contribute to Ontology’s ecosystem”, “Let NFT return to the public”, and facilitated community members discussions and analysis about the possibility of participating in the Ontology ecosystem, the operating experience of Ontology nodes, and the importance of DID to the popularization of NFT. He also held our weekly DeID Summit, hosting a Q&A with Charles Wayn, co-founder of Project Galaxy, to discuss “NFTs as a service infrastructure”.
- We held our Telegram Staking Q&A, led by Humpty Calderon. He elaborated on the economic model of Ontology and answered staking-related questions so that interested members can participate more easily.
- We held our Telegram Community Call, led by Astro and Benny, Ontology Harbingers from our Asian community. They introduced Ontology’s Staking strategy and upcoming 4th anniversary NFT event; Community members expressed their great anticipation for this extraordinary commemorative event.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates. To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome our newest members of the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed a new Technical Support Intern, a new Ecosystem Growth Intern, a new Marketing Manager, a new Operation Associate, a new Solidity Engineer, a new Senior Java Software engineer, and a new blockchain senior researcher.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals (see below). Check out our website for full details.
- Global Marketing manager
- Solution Architect Europe
- DeFi Strategist
- Solution Consultant
- Test Engineer
- Senior Software Developer, Java
- Quantization Trader
- Senior Software developer, Java
- Engineer, iOS
- Engineer, Android
- Product Lead
- Blockchain Quality Assurance Engineer
- UI Designer
- Overseas community marketing
- Community operations associate
Out & About — Event Spotlight
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- Ontology announced that it has further deepened its cooperation with ROCKI, a next-generation music streaming service and music NFT platform built on Binance Smart Chain. Ontology provides ROCKI with a decentralized identity-based batch verification solution. ONT TAG ensures ROCKI users’ data remains secure and artists are rewarded for the work they produce.
- Ontology founder Li Jun was interviewed by MarTech Series. He shared his views on the future development of Web3 and discussed the development of Ontology ecosystem. Since its establishment, Ontology’s decentralized identity protocol has been adopted by many companies around the world. In the future, we expect more and more users to adopt decentralized identity solutions to manage their digital identities. Ontology plans to introduce more innovative products in this regard, to meet the needs of more users.
- Ontology, Nervos and QuarkChain jointly organized the “EVM Autumn Concerto’’ blockchain technology seminar. Ontology Technical Director, Ning Hu, shared Ontology’s research on VM technology and the possibility of future development in the field of VM. Blockchain technology experts discussed the development and future of EVM together.
- Ontology Technical Director, Ning Hu, was invited to participate in the second hardcore technology sharing BeWater Live held by Bewater Community, the top developer community of China, sharing content on the theme “From 2D Social Network to 3D Social Network” for technology enthusiasts.
- Ontology’s Chief of Global Ecosystem Partnerships, Gloria Wu, shared her opinion in the article “Women and Web 3.0 — Experts Weigh-In On Community and Financial Freedom”, published in BeInCrypto. She said decentralized finance offers more opportunities for authentic creativity and boundary-breaking, and that the role of women in the redefinition of finance is key.