“Ontology is trying to build a platform with various tools and protocols all aimed at building a decentralized eco-system based on trust. The DLT initially focused on the Decentralized Identity space and is building solutions around credit scoring and data marketplaces. Although there is already strong competition in the oracle and data marketplace space, the market is large and Ontology’s existing applications in the identity solution space might help it enter these markets.”
——Messari, a leading crypto data analysis company
- We have completed the launch of Ontology's EVM TestNet and are 80% done with testing. At the same time, a large number of community developers are actively participating in the "Security Vulnerabilities and Threat Intelligence Bounty Program", launched by Ontology and SlowMist.
- We have completed Ethereum RPC support and are 100% done with internal testing. The TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 85% done with testing.
- We have completed 100% of Ontology’s new Ethereum account system and the TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 82% done with testing.
- The EVM/OEP-4 asset seamless transfer technical solution is complete and the TestNet has been synchronized online; we are 85% done with testing.
- We are 50% done with the survey on the improvement of the decimals of ONT and ONG.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with Kalata; the first 250 users had the opportunity to win rewards. Participants were entered into a lottery. New ONTO users also had the chance to receive a special bonus.
- ONTO hosted a Mystery Box giveaway campaign with Sil Finance; participants who met the requirements qualified for a draw to win one of 80 SIL Finance Mystery Boxes. The number of participants exceeded 400.
- ONTO hosted a campaign with Mars Ecosystem. Participants used ONTO for a chance to win rewards. The number of participants exceeded 600.
- ONTO hosted a limited edition NFT event with NFTBomb. Participants were asked to complete tasks such as downloading ONTO for the chance to win a NFTBomb Limited Edition NFT. The number of participants exceeded 2,000.
- ONTO hosted a limited edition NFT event with World Games. The event required participants to download ONTO for the chance to win a limited edition NFT. The number of participants exceeded 1,500.
- ONTO hosted a limited edition NFT event with Babylons. Participants used ONTO to take part in a chance to win rewards. About 300 people participated in the event and all NFTs sold out in 10 minutes.
- ONTO hosted AMAs with MOBOX, SIL.Finance and Pinecone. The activities have all been successfully completed, with a total of about 3,000 participants.
- ONTO hosted a limited edition NFT event with SOTA Finance; the number of participants exceeded 5,000, and all NFTs were sold out within 30 minutes.
- There have been a total of 6,793,013 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 42,915 dApp-related transactions compared to the past month.
- There have been a total of 16,584,676 transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 138,603 transactions compared to the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- This month, Yasin Madenci from the Turkish community, Andrey Sher from the Russian community, and John Francisco from the Spanish community officially became Ontology Harbingers. These three outstanding community members will help manage the community on multiple platforms of Ontology, worldwide.
- This month, Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, held Ontology Community Call on Discord as always, he focused on topics such as the importance of Ontology's highly compatible EVM and DID solutions built by Ontology, and brought community members discussions and analysis about the possibility of participating in Ontology ecology and the unique beauty of Ontology DID solutions. He also held our weekly DeID Summit, which spoke about NFTs, and hosted a Q&A with Stephen Young, Founder and CEO of NFTfi, to discuss NFT assets as collateral for DeFi.
- We held our Telegram Community Call, led by Astro, an Ontology Harbinger from our Asian community. He introduced the latest deployment progress of Ontology EVM and the research report “Ontology: Layer 1 Trust Network for Decentralized Identity and Data”, written by Messari Hub Analysts, and answered questions from members of the community.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates. To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome our newest members of the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed a new Technical Support Intern, a new Operation Intern, a new Front-End Intern, a new Research Engineer, a new Operations Associate and a new Business Developer Associate.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals (see below). Check out our website for full details.
- Solution Consultant
- Global Marketing Manager
- DeFi Strategist
- Test Engineer
- Developer Engineer, Solidity
- Senior Software Developer, Java
- Senior Software Developer, Java
- Software developer, Java
- Engineer, iOS
- Engineer, Android
- Product Lead
- Blockchain Quality Assurance Engineer
- UI Designer
- Community operations associate
Out & About — Event Spotlight
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, was invited to participate in an exclusive interview hosted by Cointelegraph China. He spoke about his history with crypto, why he founded Ontology, and his thoughts on the future of blockchain and Web3.
- Ontology published #EVM 101 and series articles “What Are Ethereum Virtual Machines and Why Should You Care?” on Twitter, introducing the features and advantages of Ontology EVM: Increasing interoperability between Ontology and Ethereum; developers will be able to seamlessly migrate assets between both blockchains. Allowing users to access EVM-based projects deployed on Ontology, whilst enjoying lower gas fees and faster block production.
- Ontology's Chief of Global Ecosystem Partnerships, Gloria Wu, introduced her work experience at Ontology in the article "Women in Fintech: Greatest Achievements with Goodbox, Pensionbee, TomoCredit, Ontology and LXME", published in The Fintech Times, a leading financial technology newspaper. She said blockchain and crypto are founded on egalitarian principles and she is very glad to be representing women in a more male-dominated industry.
- Messari, a leading crypto data analysis company, published a research report entitled “Ontology: Layer 1 Trust Network for Decentralized Identity and Data”. The report introduces Ontology’s suite of decentralized identity and data services, as well as its technical specifications.
- Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, published an article entitled "How Decentralized Identity Can Take Crypto to the Next Level" in The Defiant, the essential information platform for the open economy. The article analyzed the principles and application fields of DID, and introduced the various project teams currently building DID solutions. For example, Ontology is developing a comprehensive identity infrastructure to bring trust, privacy and security to Web3.
- ONTO passed 100,000 followers on Twitter and continues to focus on providing users with one-stop services for managing digital identities, data and digital assets.